University of Michigan Work Connections Illness and Injury Assistance

Requesting assistance from Work Connections

You—or your supervisor—can request help from Work Connections. Just complete the Illness or Injury Report Form (available at and submit it to Work Connections as soon as you can. For work-related illnesses or injuries, the form must be completed and returned to Work Connections within 24 hours of the injury or onset of illness. Work Connections administers the University's Workers' Disability Compensation Program and ensures the institution complies with the Michigan Occupational Safety and Health Administration (MIOSHA) reporting requirements.

In addition, completing the Authorization to Release Patient Information Form will help us assist you. It is not, however, necessary to complete this form to access services provided by Work Connections. The forms can be mailed, faxed, or dropped off at our office. It's also helpful to include any medical documentation as well as the contact information for any health care providers who are involved in your treatment.

Contact Information

(734) 615-0643

(877) 869-5266

(734) 936-1913


Argus II Building 400 South Fourth Street Ann Arbor, MI 48103-4816